Thursday, July 21, 2005

The life of a Big Shot Realtor

My Mom is gone and I'm doing my best to fill her shoes. So far this week, since Monday, I've dealt with 4 offers and I might be writing another one for my own client. As well, I might have another one coming in on my own listing. I'm becoming extremely comfortable with all the details but let me tell you, it's a stressful job!
It's not so stressful because of the actual act of writing and presenting the offer, it's the stress of remembering everything. You have to be so careful that everything is perfect, one mistake and you're paying for someones washer/dryer or much worse. I've seen my Mom stress out over the years and at times like this I know why. I'm lucky though, I think I handle stress pretty well and usually I just stop eating and lose a few pounds if it's really intense. (Not so bad...)
I'm really lucky to have the opportunity to take over my Mom's buisness while she's away. It's amazing that she actually 90% trusts me now, it only took 3 yrs! I think this has been the biggest challenge for me, to actually get a compliment out of my Mom because believe me when it comes to real estate, it's like getting blood out of a rock! So thanks Mom, I guess I better go to your house and water your plants since you're away. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the most organized person I know, if you can't hack then nobody could... (except your mom of course, cause she's superwoman) :P

Anonymous said...

Damn Super Woman it had to be a guy who came up with her!!!

Lisa's Diet said...

That was me!

Lisa's Diet said...

Oh let me rephrase that. That was my comment.

Lisa's Diet said...

Oh let me rephrase that. That was my comment.

Micharl Purphy said...

Your blog is a lot of fun. I wish I'd been at that party wherever it was. I'm wondering why you've titled this blog something about dieting. You're awfully slim. Check out my blog when you get a chance.

Lisa's Diet said...

The Diet just happened at the beginning of the year and now everytime I log in I'll remember it was my new years resolution. Your right I don't need to Diet but it's game I like to play with myself. Whatever were all nerotic in our own way. :)