Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What my head's doing today!

Migraine...

Had a terrible migraine attack today at my office, it was so bad I had to get my brother to drive me home.
I had some really crazy symptoms major aura's and my entire right arm had pins and needles, kinda scary. Also when I go through a certain stage of Aura I lose the ability to read it's the oddest thing ever, makes me appreciate my health so much more once I'm normal again. I had called Quentin to help me with a computer issue early afternoon and I couldn't read the text in the different windows. I could see the letters, but it just looked like a foregin language. I could only read about one or two words after concentrating for several seconds, very weird!
So tonight as I'm starting to feel better and I'm googling away to try and figure out what I experienced.

Migraine with Aura

Link about not being able to read or write.

Link about losing speech ability.

(Just found the link above. I experienced this the last time I had a headache, I was at my brothers house trying to have a conversation with his girlfriend Michelle and I could hear my own words sounding very clumsy and very laborious. Again it only lasted an hour or so right before the headache started. At least now when it's happening I have an idea what's happening and why my brain is acting so odd.)

Well hopefully it will be a long time before I experience another one of these, it's such a waste of time and boring to be home sick.

and I must think very positive according to my last post, focus on being a person who simply never gets a headache???

1 comment:

Jarrad Kevin said...

Wow, that's amazing. Never heard of it before. Glad you're feeling better.

I don't think you're supposed to think about being a person who never gets a headache. That would be thinking about not being negative, which is really just focusing on a negative. I think it's more like thinking about being a person whose head always feels great, clear and always works flawlessly. And then being grateful for it.

Thanks for having me over the other day. :)