Sunday, April 17, 2005

Kim Cattrall

This morning as I woke up and before I get ready for church I kept thinking about all the comments I received Friday night about myself looking like Kim Cattrall. I literally had four different guys say, "hey you know who you like? That actress........." I try to be nice and not finish it for them, because I really have heard it way too many times. However I do think it's a good pick up line and I'm not surprised that guys try to use that as an opening line to talk to me. Cabby made the point that it's hard to talk to strangers and she's right and I'd rather have some drunk guy trying to talk to me than standing alone with nothing to do. Not that I find myself standing alone with nothing to do. Oh and for the record Quentin was supposed to come with me on Friday night but he refused to go out because poker wasn't nice to him that night and he was in a grumpy mood. His friends are improving their skills and now winning isn't so easy.
Anyways back to Kim Cattrall, I've never really wanted to meet a celebrity or anything, or I won't necessarily go out of my way, but I'm starting to wonder about this Kim lady. I think if this, "you look like Kim" continues then I'm gong to have to meet her one day. What I would say to her I'm a bit unsure, would I just say hello and wait for her to say you look like me. Or could I say strangers consistently tell me I look like you what do you think. Or could I say I heard you looked like me so I thought I'd come see in real life. That might be kind of snotty but funny. Most likely I'll just freeze up and be, "oh hello and say nothing". I don't know if I'll ever will meet this lady but I think I'm going to have to watch out for her.
Thinking about the positives of looking like an actress, I'm lucky because she has unlimited resources for hair makeup, clothes. Whatever it is, if it makes her look better she can afford it. So I can just check out her looks and if it looks good on her it will probably do okay on me.
I don't mean to go on and on about Kim Catrrall but when your reminded quite often it keeps you thinking about it.
Oh and for the record my Mom thinks I look way different than her.

No comments: