Sunday, April 17, 2005

Rwanda

A lot of the time when I hear about missions trips I listen but I don't really remember much of what they say. Today however at church they showed a video of Rwanda and I was interested. I started to read our little Sunday information brochure as the guy spoke and low and behold they have a blog so now I'm really interested.
I think what attracted me to the people in the video was their attitude. When you see these people and they actually seemed really happy although when I look at their situation it seems like they have nothing. The video described their situation but instead of showing children living in ditches with flies buzzing around you saw adults singing in church and piggeries and the starting of a village. For the first time I thought I really see myself doing some sort of missionary work one day. I'm not saying that I want to go down and be a preacher woman in the little local church that would so not be me, but I would love to go and help get a village organized. I've never really built something but I could maybe paint and hammer some nails. I'm actually starting to doubt as I write this what I could actually contribute.... I'm just joking I'm sure the more able hands the better, any help is better than no help.
So one day I think I'm going to have to do something like this, Quentin and I can sacrifice our tropical trip sitting on a beach for a week bored silly for maybe building in the tropics with insects around our food. We'll see.
http://meiermg.com/rwanda/

No comments: