Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sand Dunes!



Quentin and I had a day at the Sand Dunes and rented these ATV's for an hour. I must admit it was loads of fun. Quentin however who is lying beside me on the hotel bed as I write this post would is reminding me that for the first half hour of the ride on the sand dunes I was really scared and told him I wanted to go back, and to that he said, "What are you kidding!!!!!!" It was scary at first because I kept getting the ATV stuck in the sand (like 5 times) and Quentin would have to lift the whole thing out of the hole I created. The sand dunes are a bit like snow in the sense that you can't really see what's in front of you, so at first I would come right up to a ridge and then slow down, which is the last place in the world you want to stop on the sand dunes. So once I figured out that as long as you only stop facing downwards and you lean back and go really fast to get up the hills it was pretty cool.

  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it's so much fun!