Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cleanse Dat!


We'll I'm officially staring to feel like crap on this cleanse which I started this morning. I have to take 4 pills from each bottle and 30 drops once a day. I know the real reason I'm not feeling so happy is because I can't just eat whatever I want. I can 't have bread or cheese which are big staples in my diet, no pasta either. It's a big list of food that you need to avoid and it's tricky finding the right kinds. I bought this special frozen bread because the store clerk said it's a special ancient grain and when I showed it to Quentin he said, "what is it ancient because it was made last year"? and it tasted about as good as it looked.

But according to Hadley I'll feel so much better at the end of the 12 days and since she was starting one this morning I thought I'd give it a whirl so we could whine, complain and be cranky together. We'll see how it goes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, is this a diet?

My ass is still 10 pounds over... ie. can't lose the last 10 pounds still..... hence no oprah's boot camp updates.

should i try this?

i love cheese and whole wheat pasta though. is whole wheat pasta ok?

Lisa's Diet said...

No it's not really a diet although it would always be nice to lose 5lbs. I just like trying specific diet programs as they always teach you new ways to eat.
I'm actually starting to like this ancient grain toast, I might even get the cereal.

Kortus Family said...

Hey lisa
Dont be supprised if the toxins comes out your face. But dont worry your face will look clearer and so will your eyesafterward.

Lisa's Diet said...

Ahhh Miranda that sounds kinda scarey :(

Anonymous said...

why not just drink lots of water all the time and eat well most of the time? would probably be much easier than going through a detox... and if you are taking all those pills aren't they filled with junk and chemicals too? (like toxins?) fruit, veggies and water (and bread and cheese once in a while...) try kamut bread or pasta - wheat free, and be happy....

Lisa's Diet said...

Shannen you totally have a point, but I thought I just try a cleanse as it's kind of like a catalyst to jump start healthy eating. No dairy this is difficult for me, I love all types of cheeses mmmmmm. p.s I'm totally shaking today as I write this and I feel superflush, yikes!

Anonymous said...

It is very dangerous to cut out dairy, especiall you Lisa. you are tiny and your bones could be sensitive as you get older.
ie. osteoporosis.

always see a doctor before cutting out dairy unless you chow down on calcium pills.

eat all the chease you want, Lisa, go for it, just have low fat or small portions.

there is so much mixed info about cheese out there, but abit every few days willnot hurt you, nor your waistline.

Lisa's Diet said...

Yah I have a bottle of those at home that I always forget to take. Your right I shouldn't stay away from dairy forever but for the next 12 days nothing fermented. But I'm going to cheat tonight were going to Hy's Encoure for a steak dinner and I'm having sour cream with my baked potato and one piece of cheese of the worlds most amazing cheese toast.

Lisa's Diet said...

P.S .I think I have a really mean brother, he keeps putting candies and cheese and crackers on my desk and going, "mmmmmm I know you want it." But then at least I get to throw and hit him as he gets up and leaves. :)