Saturday, August 20, 2005

Michael Buble at Deer Lake tonight.


{The only picture I took, Michael told he audience, "okay here is your big moment were putting on our blue steel faces take pictures and then after no more flashes please" after people were taking tons of annoying pictures.}


I've been to lots of concerts, but this was one of my favorites. I would say it was comparable to when I saw REM back in high school. The venue was perfect we brought a little blanket and sat on the lawn, you could see the lake and surrounding trees with colored lights everywhere. It wasn't cold or windy the temperature was perfect.
The sound quality was very good, Quentin and I sat facing a big set of speaker and it didn't warp at all, very clear.
Okay here is the gushy part. Michael was so wonderful I feel like he was personally in love with every person in the audience, he gave so much. His act was also extremely funny the guy could be a comedian even Quentin honestly laughed a few times. He would imitate other singers Michael Jackson or Ray Charles, he respected the later considerable more however.
Well Jon is making fun of me because I'm blogging all this but I don't care Michael was so sweet and senstive. Jon you should try to be more like him..... and I'm sure he would never make fun of me for blogging about him.
At the very end of the show Michael is singing "a song for you" and he pulls away the microphone for the last chorus and just belts out the song, and it was so very intimate you feel like it's a personal serenade. I fell in love with him right there, stomach butterfly kind, and I will always go see Michael Buble every time he comes back home to Vancouver to play.

p.s. while I write about my love Quentin and Jon are watching a sword movie in the background and I can hear people getting injured and they're laughing. Sigh I'm so glad I have my Michael.

No comments: