Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rack of Lamb for Dinner

Hmmm I just want to brag for few minutes that tonight I made one of the ultimate dinners for the MacAulay household. I was reading that for thanksgiving other cultures eat lamb, I think it was the French.

So I decided to make my first rack of lamb. I used a New Zealand lamb sauce and it's amazing! With the rack you just cook it in the oven for 25 minutes or till the themometer says 150 and then slice between the ribs to serve.

I also figured out how to make those yellowish potatoes that Greek restaurants serve with most standard meals. It's easy you peel the potatoes, cut them into quarters, add, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic salt, fresh squeezed lemon and then add curry powder over all the potatoes. The curry powder and lemon together tastes fantastic.

After the heavy lamb and potatoes I made baked tomatoes for the vegetable dish. You just cut the tomatoes in half then top them with salt, pepper, feta, Parmesan, and I tried a bit of olive paste that I had left over from an appetizer dish.

Anyways if you haven't made a rack of lamb before I hope I've inspired you, it's worth it!

No comments: