Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Family Dinners

Quentin reminded me that I hadn't blogged in a few days so I thought I better get to it. Lucky for me I just came home from a great family dinner of steak and ribs from my inlaws house and that's what I feel like writing about.
Quentin parents are planning a move to Gibsons and after having spent almost 3 yrs living there I feel very emotional and sad to see them leave. The property is beautiful, over an acre, with grass and even these pretty nature trails in the back. I must confess however I haven't visited very frequently this last year, so now my guilt meter is high.
Tonight Quentin and I decided to visit the house for the full parental/child dinner treatment. This included not helping make dinner, but lying in front of the TV and having a nap waiting to be called to eat.... I don't know about you but I haven't done that since early high school when Mom cooked everything. So tonight instead of chatting and helping around the kitchen like I usually do Quentin and I just hung out in the blankets and waited for our home cooked meal.
When dinner arrived Quentin ate really fast and just kept mumbling, mmmm this is good. I don't know what it is but their's just something about Mothers cooking that you CANNOT replicate else were! Their are so many dishes that mothers make that you can try so very hard to master but in the end you just need to surrender to the fact that your version will always be slightly different. Makes Mom's that more special.
After we ate dinner or (supper), we didn't really help clean up either. Instead I just asked in that very sweet daughter in law voice, "oh is their any milk" for the cup of coffee that you just brought me. I was a lazy suck and since we hadn't been for so long, we were welcome to it.
Anyways I will really miss having my inlaws so close, it will be hard to see them leave the local area although I know now I'll now have a reason to visit Gibsons way more often.



Here's a picture of just the yard were we used have parties and play volleyball with a floodlight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's the picture using an extreme fisheye lens. the house looks about 100m away!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I wanted the picture to focus on the big pretty grassy area and maybe even the foresty area surrounding. See how big the property looks :)

Anonymous said...

I love dinner like that!