Saturday, February 19, 2005

Floor Duty

Well today I did floor duty here at my office and it was fantastic. I met 5 different sets of people, who were either intereseted in buying or selling. I haven't had a busy shift like that since last year. I guess it's spring so people are eager to research the potentials of moving. I must admit you meet the most interesting people in real estate and everyday I learn something new from them. At first I was very nervous around new clients but I'm starting to get the hang of this and I'm learning the slower I speak the more comfortable and relaxed everyone seems. That took me awhile to figure out. When I speak to my girlfriends talking fast is usually necessary or you won't get a word in, but when it comes to customers it just freaks them out. It's a careful balance of listening, enthusiasm and mostly providing knowledge, I just help people make their own decisions. My Dad insisted all my life that I would make a great teacher, and I probabley would but I think this is the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

stephoto said...

hey lisa, ya, i know exactly what you mean about watching speed levels when talking to clients... i have found that what works really well is to mirror the speed that they are talking at... if someone is talking really slow u need to match that, and if they are talking at a moderate speed make sure not to speek too fast or to slow... anyways thats what i attempt to do