Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Yesterday and talk on food

I haven't posted in a few days and I didn't really notice until Sharon said, "Lisa post on your blog you haven't been posting much lately" yikes sorry Sharon. :)
So yesterday I spent the day in Vancouver and it started with moi having my legs completely waxed from top to bottom. I've actually never been a big fan of waxing but since Sharon has her own spa I really wanted to go check it out and spend the afternoon chatting with her. To my surprise the waxing went really fast and wasn't that painful. Now when I head to Hawaii for Christmas my legs will be incredibly low maintenance. I think that will be good especially since I'm staying with so many other people in the condo and bathroom time will be limited. Thank you Sharon you've changed my opinion of waxing and I'm now fully intrigued and might ty to keep it up for the summer.

By the time 5ish came along both Sharon and I started to worry about dinner. We should have gone for dinner in the mall and had someone serve us, but this nagging feeling of on no both Quentin and Calvin are going to be home soon so we need to get back to feed them. So the last hour of our conversations became all about what we both like to cook. It's pretty funny since both our guys have very similar eating habits. That is they don't eat unless food it put in front of them and if theirs no food the general energy levels and mood seem to diminish. That is one thing I've had a hard time understanding, how Quentin isn't as fascinated with food as I am. Sharon and I both said that as we fall asleep at night often we're thinking of what to make for breakfast the next morning. I've tried to get input from Quentin on these occasions but unfortunately he doesn't consider it fun pillow talk. O well what can you do :)

So in general I'd say I think about food about 25% of the time. You must understand however that this is mostly myself thinking of potential combinations. I'm not much of recipe user and in fact I only use recipes when making something very new and different for the first time. I also hardly make the exact same thing twice, how boring is that. Now unfortunately some husbands don't always appreciate being the genuine pig for my creations. I received major attitude when I made a yummy raspberry whole wheat topping for a white fish sole. I thought the recipe looked pretty but I was reminded that fish and berries aren't supposed to go together. I asked why not? In that instance my brother who has more culinary aptitude than he likes others to know agreed that berries are better for dessert, so I allowed myself to feel creative defeat for the night. Obviously I can't trust those free Save -On -Food recipes they hand out at the door, forget that! Okay so I think I've painted a pretty good picture here of my life with food and given examples how food and relationships are oddly intertwined. Sharon it was so nice to talk with you and realize that I'm not a sole wife in this department and that you understand the responsibilities, fascination, yet expectations regarding preparing something amicable palatable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg Lisa yes yesterday was a lot of fun. Even the waxing…LOL! Thanks for helping me with ideas for my new spa room. I definitely could use them! Now I just have to act upon them.
You did very well with the waxing! Trust me you’ll be hooked after you see how long it lasts. You’ll be hair free for your whole trip!

That's IT for shopping for me. I go to the mall with the intention of shopping for others and once again wound up buying most things for myself! All your fault..haha..jk.

As far as the food thing, it's pretty funny how our men are when it comes to food. I think about my next meal all the time and what I'm going to eat. It's not usually fancy or anything but I love to think about it. Food is the best! Well except when it goes to your waist..hehe.

I know Calvin doesn't expect me to provide him with all his meals but I enjoy making them for him. I guess because I love food and him :) The last thing on his mind is what he is going to have for dinner..lol.

TOO FUNNY!

Lisa's Diet said...

:) I liked writing this post! It was fun.

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the salon?

Anonymous said...

guys, we are so in this boat together.
e could eat dog food and he wouldn't care. just kididing lisa, sorry.
seriously though, e doesn't even think about what he's goona have for dinner until he realizes i am taking too long. then he finally says 'need some help'
ha haha.
but never runs in the door hungry.
that would drive me nuts.
i love it that he doesn't come home with his tounge hanging out expecting me to cook.
good husbands we have eh
t