Friday, March 04, 2005

Miami

Today we went on a boat cruise which took us by water front celebrity mansions. These homes were worth up to 25 million and a simple basic lot was 5 million minimum. We saw the homes of Jackie Chan, JLo, Puff Daddy, Ricky Martin, Shakira, and more but I can't remember all the different names. The cruise was entertaining as well, there was a group of jewish people on the boat who looked very old school. The men and women separated in different groups and oldly everyone looked very similar. I saw the shopping bag on one of the baby carts and it had hebrew letters on it so I suppose they were from a different part of the world.
Our burns are less intense now, and hopefully we can try surfing tomorrow if the weather is nice. I want Quentin to do some research to find a place to take surfing lessons but he doesn't think it's necessary and wants to walk around and find a place to rent a board and just go try ourselves. In the end I'll be happy if we end up doing something, I just don't want to sit around doing nothing.
Quentin keeps reminding me that this is my trip, argg very frustrating.
Jonathan has been working a lot more than I expected, I was under the assumption that we would spend more time hanging out with him and his friends but we haven't made very many plans together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...
I love that bar...looks like fun!
You definitely need your girls there to party!
And I want more hot surfer guy pics...that it your mission tomorrow!
Good luck surfing...
Get out to where all the surfers are...wait for a large wave to start rolling in, start paddling HARD and when you feel the wave lift you a little start to stand up by pushing with your arms and putting one foot forward and one foot back (like a snowboard)in one motion......If it is cheap, get a lesson...or just ask some cute surfer! When I was in Hawaii, I just asked a surfer and he turned out to be a teacher from one of the surf rental shops and he taught me...Matt was so jealous! It was awesome! I picked it up super fast!
Good Luck!!
Remamber...pics of hot surfers!

Anonymous said...

Hey...
I love that bar...looks like fun!
You definitely need your girls there to party!
And I want more hot surfer guy pics...that it your mission tomorrow!
Good luck surfing...
Get out to where all the surfers are...wait for a large wave to start rolling in, start paddling HARD and when you feel the wave lift you a little start to stand up by pushing with your arms and putting one foot forward and one foot back (like a snowboard)in one motion......If it is cheap, get a lesson...or just ask some cute surfer! When I was in Hawaii, I just asked a surfer and he turned out to be a teacher from one of the surf rental shops and he taught me...Matt was so jealous! It was awesome! I picked it up super fast!
Good Luck!!
Remamber...pics of hot surfers!

Lisa's Diet said...

Hi Kim
Yah I'm going to try my best tomorrow. I'm usaully pretty good on the water though so I bet I'll be able to at least body surf. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure we'll get pictures. See you soon when we get back, I have to show you the girls dancing in the clubs it was outrageous, puts the Ozone to shame.