Monday, March 14, 2005

They tricked me

The telemarketers they tricked me, I answered the phone and it was an older lady on the phone and usually their is a pause. This time no pause so I didn't hang up. The lady was like is Lisa there and I was like yes, she was like oh you have a very young sounding voice I was going to ask for your mother. Ummmm noooooooo.... She then started to tell me what organization and how they have suffered a loss of some sort, but I wasn't really focusing on what she was saying, I was just waiting for the painful part were I have to say no.
At my key moment to say no, I wimped out and said okay fine send me the envelop, so now I'm supposed to send them another 20 dollars.
I don't mind donating to chariatble organizations, I just hate how they continually phone again and again every night.
I need to get a backbone, it's just that this lady sounded so personable and I didn't want to slam the phone down on her.

No comments: