Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Power Outage

Just so everyone knows tonight the power is out in almost all of White Rock except my house because I live in a new subdivision on a different grid, suckers!!!! Quentin and I were just approaching Oxford at 16th when the street lights went out. I had my head turned toward the sunset and I noticed all this smoke coming out of a window of the building on the corner. I was like that's a lot of smoke, Quentin pull over!! So we pulled over and went running around the front and it still seemed like a lot of smoke. Their was a pay phone right in front of the building so we called 911. I asked for fire and told them that an unusual amount of smoke was coming out of this building. The lady said she knew about the power outage that they were already coming out and that they would check it out. Quentin and I thought that maybe the buildings fire caused the power outage. So we ran back to our car and continued on towards the beach to get dinner, but as a I already said the power was out everywhere, so the beach was shut down. We ended up going to Big Ridge for dinner which is off the peninsula and more in Surrey and as we drove we wondered if we should go back to check on the fire. Quentin made the point however that it was probably some sort of diesel generator kicking in. Ah well better safe than sorry, I'm still glad I made the call. We finished our little adventure with cheese burgers and pale ale's from Big Ridge and I had a salad instead of fries.

No comments: