Monday, October 24, 2005

Backyard Garden


Yesterday Mrs. Mitchell took us to the older house she used to live at on Panorama Ridge. We walked around her property which was overcrowded with shrubs and perennials and she and Quentin dug up plants. Thank you so very much honey, I was a bit useless as all I did was stand point and say yes I'll take that one. (I was a big ball of emotion, stress, tension, yuck)
But it was very refreshing to stand out in the fresh damp air, it was so peaceful it made me really appreciate gardening again. Things I learned that are interesting, rhododendrons are extremely easy to transplant. They were digging up these very tall Rodo's and it was relatively simple.
So now I'm happy because I've really wanted to fill in our backyard with plants and give it volume, but I didn't know were to start, the project seemed too overwhelming. Now as you can see I have a whole bunch of plants just lying flat ready to be planted and propped up. Mrs. Mitchell said she would come over next Saturday and help me position and plant them. Looking forward to it.






No comments: