Monday, October 31, 2005

My Brilliant Idea

Okay I think everyone fantasies about having a truly novel idea and making millions from it.
This morning as I loathed looking at our unmade king size bed I thought to myself. I hate making beds and I'll feel this way for every day that I ever get up.

It's time to make a bed that looks very cool but doesn't need to be made. I'm thinking the mattress can be to focal point of the room, and have a cool design like a top sheet. The pillows and blankets you'd store in a pull out box under the bed. For a couple you'd have 2 separate blankets, this would solve midnight arguments of, "what how come you have all the blankets" and so it's still romantic you'd make the blanket is big enough so you can still layer them and sleep together when you feel like it. (for the first 20 minutes of sleep mostly).

So I think the bed should become more multi functional like a lounger and place to sleep, You could make a mural on the lounger/bed to be a focal point of the room and the whole padded headboard look would fit into this perfectly.

I think if you marketed this as the bed that doesn't need to be made, at least every single guy on the planet would want one!

What no one has commented on my brilliant idea, okay maybe it's not so easy to visualize. Come on someone out there must think it's an okay idea. Hmm I wonder what Martha Stewart would think.


I asked Quentin about my idea and he said he couldn't visualize it, Kate said the same thing. I receintly bought a whole pack of colorful sharpie pens so I drew a little mock bedroom with the bed that you don't have to make.
I think what I was envisioning was the bottom sheet being the focus instead of having to use a top sheet and comforter as your, "made bed". You would change the bottom sheet and that would be the focus for the room. It would have to be a really new fabric, something incredibly durable but soft and comfortable, kinda what ultra suede has done for the coach.
I don't really know anything about designing furniture but I still think if you marketed a bed that didn't need to be made in the traditional sense, many people would at least give it a few minutes consideration and it could be one of those trendy new things that last for awhile.

19 comments:

Candice said...

how did you write that in red font?

Lisa's Diet said...

I'll show you next time your out this way. :)

Anonymous said...

I think Martha would say "You have to go home."

Lisa's Diet said...

That is so mean, I would never get fired!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

hi, this is martha.
you are fried
yes, i said 'fried'

Candice said...

fried?

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I would totally purchase your brilliant idea! I hate making beds too!!!!
~Melanie

Lisa's Diet said...

k what is with the fried comment, come on that doesn't make sense! And you might as well tell me who you are so I can insult you back appropriately.

Anonymous said...

months ago when martha was on regis and kelly they were talking about what her slogan will be cuz she's doing a mark burnett show like what donald trump did with the apprentice. so,kelly ripa said 'your new slogan should be 'you're fried' instead of 'you're fired', like what trump would say. martha laughed and said 'that will definately not be something i will say-i will be nicer than that'.
sorry if i offended anyone, i was trying to be funny, and totally forgot to put my initial.
t
i came clean
sorry lisa
i can see how it would be seen as mean.
my apologies
t

Anonymous said...

p.s. i have no idea who put 'you have to go home'.
that honestly was not me, but my thing was in reponse to that, in a way, i guess.
so i'm no better.
:o(
t

Lisa's Diet said...

Oh no big deal I just didn't totally get it. You don't need to apologize. :)

Anonymous said...

no comforter?
cold in the winter, wouldn't it?
t

Lisa's Diet said...

You'd have winter and summer blankets.

Anonymous said...

then, you still have to make the bed,??!?!?

Anonymous said...

Everyone else is saying their part, so here is what i think. It is cool and an innovative approach to home decor, BUT, by the time you stash all your blankets in their various spots you could have made the bed! And isn't their something rewarding about pulling your beautifully made blankets back before you go to sleep?
~Kate~

Susanne said...

Well I definitely hate making the bed in the morning, so here's one potential customer. :)

Anonymous said...

I read this again and my mind was going on this idea.
only thing i would add is a whole whack of cushions, like walking into ginger 62 it's very loungey.
it would look really cool in a room that has a chaise lounge and tv and cushions on the floor in differen places and some fur rugs.
yep, i say go for it
and i would buy this idea, too.
only thing is we would all have to call debbie travis for a face lift, cuz my room aint loungey at all :o(

Lisa's Diet said...

Hi Shannen
Thanks for commenting and letting me know it's you! K I know you're right and personally I like having a beautiful bed with fluffy sheets to crawl into every night, but seriously anytime you stop into a bachelors pad the bed is never made, (my brothers for instance) So for them this would be good idea.
And score on having a clean man, Q has been in training for the last couple of years and he's come along way but it's been a long process.... filled with many debates.

Anonymous said...

i'm still sold on the idea, cuz you can throw the sheets in the drawers below without folding them, since it isn't visual when you walk in.