Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Jonathan wrote the family members a letter today.

I think this letter was hilarious and depicts well the different attitudes my parents deploy when asking for our assistance.

Hello family members, I just wanted to let you know I am organizing a family day of fun Sunday October 9th. Below are two invitations. The first was inspired by, Edith also know as Mommy, who uses a positive yet relaxed approach when asking for my assistance. The second was inspired by Tom, also known as Daddy, who uses an almost Hitler like approach. I don’t really care which invitation you prefer, just make yourself available October 9th.

Dear Mom, Dad, Lisa, Bradley and Quentin, I would really
appreciate it if you could help me prepare my house for renting. There isn’t
much left to do but your help would mean a lot to me. The work should only take
about three minutes, five at most, and there will be milk and cookies for all!
The weather should be bright and sunny so dress light and yes Quentin you can
wear your Sunday dress. It’s going to be fun fun fun. I can’t wait to spend
quality family time together. Work will start when I show up which will be
between 9 am and 7 pm. Jesus loves you.


Dear Mom, Dad, Lisa, Bradley and Quentin, you are going to
work on my house! What’s that you have plans, cancel them! There is a ton of
work to be done and it will take all day, yes all day. The weather man said
there is a chance of a hurricane so go out a buy appropriate hurricane gear.
This is going to be hell hell hell. Work will start at 5 am sharp. I am warning
you right now if anyone of you even thinks of not showing up there will be
serious consequences. I won’t talk to you anymore, there will be no Hawaii, I’ll
sell the house, and anything else I can take away from you I will. Don’t be
late!

K so Sunday 11 am October 9th, will just be some garden work painting and some clean up.

Thanks for your help

p.s. If anyone else out there would like to show up in White Rock on Russell Street to do a bunch of gardening work on Sunday by all means please feel welcomed. :)

4 comments:

Quentin said...

I'll be there with bells on! (and a dress) :)

Lisa's Diet said...

Lisa's Diet said...
Yes yes, you're always right, thank you for you help. :)
Deploy
"To position (troops) in readiness
for combat, as along a front or
line.
To bring (forces or material)
into action."
I still like the word it kind of goes with the theme.
p.s those grey pants you're wearing today need to be thrown in the garbage!!!

Anonymous said...

Where are my letters!!!!

- brad.

Lisa's Diet said...

Bradley I would post your letter, if you hadn't referred to me as making horse sounds but unfortunatley I did't think it presented me in the most flattering light. Plus you talked about the death of our Grandmother, who you better go visit 3 times this week because of that statement.