Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Diet

I was remembering the actual name of my blog yesterday and think I've forgotten many of my goals from the beginning of the year. I would still like to lose 10lbs but it's really hard. My Dad since the summer has lost 40lbs, and he's looking so much better. He's been apart of the Berstein diet which I think is fantastic when you're a diabetic and have so much to lose. So my question to myself is if he can lose 40lb why can't I get rid of at least 5lb. I know I don't look like I need to lose weight but I just don't want to ever lose control. I don't want to feel like I'm at a place were I can't manage myself anymore. This year I'll be spending Christmas in Hawaii which means during the holiday season when traditionally you eat the most I'll be anticipating sitting in a bikini for 2 weeks. I think it's going to be really weird being somewhere warm, usually our family heads to Whistler and everyone heads up the mountain for some snowboarding or skiing. You see these are appropriate winter sports because if you have a little bit of extra fat on your body it keeps you warm and pads your bum when you fall. Okay enough talk, it's off to the gym :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's much hard to board in all that gear and have extra weight on you. sitting in a bikini at 140 is much easier. tee hee
p.s. where in hawaii are you going?
maui rocks, that's where we got maui'd.
t

Candice said...

Lisa, I think I am going to start going hard in November, and we can go to gym classes together! :)that way I will have more than a month, to get in good shape for Hawaii. I did it last year around this time, so I don't think its too hard.

You just have to substitute the hot chocolate with whip cream, for some lemon tea with honey!!!

Anonymous said...

Egg nog latte season is upon us.

Lisa's Diet said...

hmm that seems like a Starbucks comment :)

Susanne said...

Good luck Lisa!

Lisa's Diet said...

ahh thanks :)