Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Listening Skills

Today I was at my offices meeting and one of the mortgage brokers stood up and said he was going to attend a seminar on listening. He asked how many of you have ever attended that kind of seminar. He said one of the common things people do when listening is start thinking about your own response instead of actually really taking the time to listen to what the other person is saying. I think it's very true and I very very often start to think about how to best reply when I'm being communicated too. So for all those who know me, hopefully I'll become a better listener after taking this particular seminar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, i'm 'one time at band camp' girl when i have convo's. always bringing up my own experiences that relate to what the person is trying to tell me,.
t
how annoying