Thursday, November 03, 2005

Water



This is an new bollywood film that's opening tomorrow, I think is going to be very good. I love the colors and beauty of the Indian culture. It's a romance of a girl who is widowed when, well it looks about 12, and now she has to choose to either appease herself or her religion in her adult years. Trailer.

I saw Water tonight, it's Saturday night, and I must admit at first the movie started so slow. I tried to applogize to Quentin but he said it was okay as he shut his eyes and kind a dozed. I'm glad I didn't convince anyone to come with us.

The movie was exactly what I thought it was going to be about but the plot was completely different than I expected. I thought it was going to be a romance, and it was but the happily ever after was much different than I expected.

In one scene they had Gandi read about three lines, he said, " I used to think that truth was religion, but now I believe that religion is truth. (I'm going to check that later)

It was a slow movie but in the end you really felt like you lived in India with the widows and I was very surprised when in the last scene I just burst into tears because it was so touching.
So yes it's a very good movie.

No comments: