Thursday, January 27, 2005

Annoyances - Food Moochers

Okay I don't want to complainer but this one is just too much for me.

Moocher
(much) Slang v. mooched, mooch·ing, mooch·es v. Try.
To obtain or try to obtain by begging; cadge. See Synonyms at cadge.
To steal; filch.

Okay I don't know if you've ever ran into this type of person, well I had a friend in high school and everytime I went to the cafe at recess and bought one of those really good pizza buns she always insisted on having some. Now I don't mind letting someone sample what I have or maybe I'll just give it up all together, but when I really enjoy something and they consistently want what I have I get very aggravated. With this person she would always beg so basically I started to avoid her at recess. Or if I saw her coming down the hall when I had my snack my whole body would tense up and I would be trying to figure out a way to get away from her with without causing more of an upset or losing some of my snack.

This was my first experience with a Moocher and I decided that they suck. Don't get me wrong I don't mind sharing but in order to share you need to be asked without the burden of a huge guilt trip if you don't comply.

That said I like my own cup of coffee in the morning ,I don't like anyone touching it. If you want to see if the coffee is any good, go ahead and take a sip, but don't just claim my cup as your own. Saying you"ll get me more almost aggravates me even more, I like to know how much I've had.

So if anyone out there is doing this, please stop, being a mooch is probably the most annoying thing in the world and just writing about it makes me feel tense..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

v. shared, shar·ing, shares

1. To divide and parcel out in shares; apportion.
2. To participate in, use, enjoy, or experience jointly or in turns.
3. To accord a share in (something) to another or others: shared her chocolate bar with a friend.


gen·er·os·i·ty

1. Liberality in giving or willingness to give.
2. Nobility of thought or behavior; magnanimity.
3. A generous act.


v. lov·ing, loved, loves

1. To have a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward (a person): I love my husband.
2. To have a feeling of intense desire and attraction toward (a spouse).
3. To have an intense emotional attachment to: loves to share with her man.

Lisa's Diet said...

Bla bla bla, I say just leave my coffee alone. You can't use the "guilty love card" to justify.